|Centuries:||16th century – 17th century – 18th century|
|Decades:||1580s 1590s 1600s – 1610s – 1620s 1630s 1640s|
|Years:||1610 1611 1612 – 1613 – 1614 1615 1616|
- January – Galileo observes Neptune, but mistakes it for a star and so is not credited with its discovery.
- February 7 – An Assembly of the Russian Empire elects Mikhail Romanov to be Tsar of Russia, and establishes the Romanov Dynasty.
- June 29 – Fire destroys London's Globe Theatre
- Francesco Andreini's L'Adamo is published.
- King James I of England successfully mediates the Peace of Knäred treaty between Denmark and Sweden.
- The New River was opened, to supply London with drinking water from Hertfordshire
- Adriaen Block's ship Tyger is destroyed by fire, forcing him and his crew to spend the winter on Manhattan
- James I of England comdemns duels in his proclamation Against Private Challenges and Combats
- Ottoman Empire invades Hungary
- Locust swarm destroys La Camarque, France
- Sultan Agung takes the throne of the kingdom of Mataram on Java.
- December 6 death of Anton Praetorius