1832 was a leap year.
|Centuries:||18th century – 19th century – 20th century|
|Decades:||1800s 1810s 1820s – 1830s – 1840s 1850s 1860s|
|Years:||1829 1830 1831 – 1832 – 1833 1834 1835|
- Forsyth County, Georgia and Barbour County, Alabama becomes counties.
- A cholera epidemic affects New York City and other major American cities.
- The University of Durham, England is founded (created).
- January 13 - Horatio Alger, Jr. American boys' writer, in Chelsea, Massachusetts
- January 27 – Lewis Carroll, English children's writer, in Daresbury, Cheshire
- November 29 – Louisa May Alcott American girls' writer, in Germantown, Pennsylvania