|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||1990s 2000s 2010s – 2020s – 2030s 2040s 2050s|
|Years:||2026 2027 2028 – 2029 – 2030 2031 2032|
- Friday, April 13 — The asteroid 99942 Apophis (previously also known by its provisional designation 2004 MN4) will pass within 30,000 km (18,600 mi) of the Earth.
- Music by Buddy Holly will enter the public domain this year.
- Ray Kurzweil and other futurists predict that computer intelligence will exceed biological intelligence.
- The FBI will have permission to reveal to the public the Top Secret papers on John F. Kennedy's assassination.
2029 in fictionEdit
Computer and video gamesEdit
- The Terminator (1984): Kyle Reese and a Terminator are sent back in time to 1984.
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day (1991): Two Terminators, a T-800 and a T-1000, are sent back in time to, respectively, protect and kill John Connor as a teenager.
- Post-Grunge rock band Our Lady Peace's popular song "In Repair", among others, from their 2000 album Spiritual Machines, references the year 2029 in the opening, which states "The year is 2029. The machines will convince us that they are conscious...". The entire album was attributed and decidated to futurist Raymond Kurzweil.
- Gothic Metal band Type O Negative speaks of the year 2029 (specifically April 13th, 2029) in their song "The Profit of Doom", which is from the narrative of a doom prophet. The album with the song "The Profit of Doom", entitled Dead Again, was released on March 13th, 2007.
- Six Feet Under ("Everyone's Waiting," 2005): Keith Charles is shot and killed by robbers seizing the contents of his armored truck.
- 10 January — Comic book character Tintin, from The Adventures of Tintin created by Herge, turns 100 years old.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2029.|