Predicted and scheduled eventsEdit
- Fringe Episode 4x19 "Letters of Transit" takes place in the year 2036, where the Observers are in control of everyone else.
- The 1936 film Things to Come depicts 2036 as a time when humans live in underground cities and fire the first spacecraft to the Moon from a giant space gun.
- Most of the Once Upon a Time Machine episode of the 1987 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series is set in the year 2036. It's an era of peace and without any crimes in New York City, when Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady travel in time from 1991 to 2036 in an attempt to rule the future.
- Zenon Kar, of the Zenon books and films, is born this year.
- In the game Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow for Nintendo DS, Dracula is set to be revived this year.
- The events of the film Android take place.
- The popular Epcot ride, Mission Space, takes place this year.
- John Titor supposedly time travels back to the winter of 1975 to retrieve an IBM 5100 computer which he claimed was needed to "debug" various legacy computer programs in 2036.
- According to Lt. Commander Data in the pilot episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation, this year the United Nations resolved that "No person shall be made to answer for the crimes of their race or forebears." The entity Q scoffs at this, saying this was a court of 2079, when the U.N. no longer existed. Complicating this argument is that the date of 2079 in Trek lore is 16 years after the events of Star Trek: First Contact, when extraterrestrial life has already been discovered and is assisting humanity to recover from the Third World War.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2036.|