|Centuries:||3rd century – 4th century – 5th century|
|Decades:||290s 300s 310s – 320s – 330s 340s 350s|
|Years:||317 318 319 – 320 – 321 322 323|
- Crispus wins against the Franks.
- Licinius stopped the religious freedom promised by the Edict of Milan. He persecutes Christians in the Eastern Roman Empire.
Culture and ReligionEdit
- In Nydam Mose (Denmark) the Nydam oak boat is sacrificed by the Danes. The boat is excavated in the 1830s, when a local farmer finds weapons including swords and spears.
- December 25 is introduced as the birthday of Jesus.
- Aurelius Victor, historian and politician (approximate date)
- Constans I, Roman emperor (d. 350)
- Flavian I, Patriarch of Antioch (d. 404)
- Jin Jianwendi, emperor of the Jin Dynasty (d. 372)
- Oribasius, Greek physician (approximate date)
- Tuoba Shiyijian, prince of the Tuoba Dai (d. 376)
- Xie An, statesman of the Jin Dynasty (d. 385)