Year 34 BC was either a common year starting on Friday, Saturday or Sunday or a leap year starting on Friday or Saturday of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Antonius and Libo.
|Millennium:||1st millennium BC|
|Centuries:||2nd century BC – 1st century BC – 1st century|
|Decades:||60s BC 50s BC 40s BC – 30s BC – 20s BC 10s BC 0s BC|
|Years:||37 BC 36 BC 35 BC – 34 BC – 33 BC 32 BC 31 BC|
|Gregorian calendar||24 BC|
|Ab urbe condita||730|
|Ancient Greek era||189th Olympiad (victor)¹|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||丙申年 (Fire Monkey)|
2673 or 2613
— to —
丁酉年 (Fire Rooster)
2674 or 2614
|Coptic calendar||−307 – −306|
|Ethiopian calendar||−31 – −30|
|- Vikram Samvat||33–34|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3077–3078|
|Iranian calendar||645 BP – 644 BP|
|Islamic calendar||665 BH – 664 BH|
|Julian calendar||24 BC|
|Minguo calendar||1935 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||288/289 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||519–520|
103 or −278 or −1050
— to —
104 or −277 or −1049
- Gaius Julius Caesar Octavian made Dalmatia and Pannonia happy by forming the province of Illyricum.
- Antony regained Armenia from Parthia. Octavian reduces the outposts defending the Liburnian town of Promona. He sets up siege works and forces them to surrender.
- Antony goes into Armenia with an army. He marches to the capital Artaxata. He arrests king Artavasdes II and takes him to Alexandria.
- The Donations of Alexandria: Antony distributes the eastern kingdoms as a gift to the children of Cleopatra VII of Egypt. Antony made Cleopatra a Hellenistic monarch at Alexandria. He gave her the title "Queen of Kings".
- Sallust, historian of the fall of the Roman Republic (b. 86 BC)