(Redirected from AD 1051)
Year 1051 (MLI) was a common year starting on Tuesday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||1020s 1030s 1040s – 1050s – 1060s 1070s 1080s|
|Years:||1048 1049 1050 – 1051 – 1052 1053 1054|
- Godwin, Earl of Wessex, is forced to leave England by King Edward the Confessor for refusing to take action against the townspeople of Dover. He returns the following year.
- Hilarion of Kiev becomes the first native metropolitan of the Eastern Orthodox Church in Kievan Rus.
- May 19 – Henry I of France marries Anne of Kiev at the cathedral of Reims.
- William of Normandy fights for his life and crown in Normandy.
- Heregeld is ended by King Edward the Confessor of England.
- Edgar Atheling, uncrowned King of England, 1066, after the Battle of Hastings
- Mi Fu, Chinese poet, painter, and calligrapher (d. 1107)
- January 22 – Ælfric Puttoc, archbishop of York
- Bi Sheng, Song Dynasty Chinese inventor of movable type printing