(Redirected from AD 1383)
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1350s 1360s 1370s – 1380s – 1390s 1400s 1410s|
|Years:||1380 1381 1382 – 1383 – 1384 1385 1386|
- January 22 – Marriage of King Richard II of England and Anne of Bohemia.
- May 17 – King John I of Castile and Leon marries Beatrice of Portugal
- July 7 – Death of the childless James of Baux, ruler of Taranto and Achaea and titular Latin Emperor.
- October 22 – King Fernando I of Portugal dies and is succeeded by his daughter, Beatrice of Portugal. A period of civil war and anarchy, known as the 1383-1385 Crisis, begins in Portugal due to Beatrice being married to the King John I of Castile and Leon.
- The Teutonic Knights recommence war against pagan Lithuania.
- Rao Chanda succeeds Rao Biram Dev as Rathore ruler of Marwar (now in western India).
- Löwenbräu beer is first brewed.
- Wat Phrathat Doi Suthep temple is built in present-day Thailand by King Kuena of Lanna.
- Construction of the Bastille is completed in Paris.