(Redirected from AD 1414)
Year 1414 (MCDXIV) was a common year starting on Monday (link will display the full calendar) of the Julian calendar.
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1380s 1390s 1400s – 1410s – 1420s 1430s 1440s|
|Years:||1411 1412 1413 – 1414 – 1415 1416 1417|
Events of 1414Edit
- January 7 – Michael Küchmeister von Sternberg becomes the 28th Grand Master of the Teutonic Order.
- August 6 – Joan II succeeds her brother Ladislas as Queen of Naples.
- November 16 – Council of Constance begins.
- The Habsburg Duke Ernest the Iron (1377-1424) is the last duke to be enthroned according to the ancient Karantanian ritual of installing dukes on the Duke's Stone.
- Alien priory cells are suppressed.
- May 14 – Francis I, Duke of Brittany (died 1450)
- July 21 – Pope Sixtus IV (died 1484)
- August 18 – Jami, Persian poet (died 1492)
- November 9 – Albert III, Elector of Brandenburg (died 1486)
- date unknown
- Charles I, Count of Nevers, Count of Nevers and Rethel (died 1464)
- Shubun, Japanese painter in the Muromachi period and a Zen Buddhist monk (died 1463)
- probable – Narsinh Mehta, poet-saint of Gujarat (died 1481)
- February 19 – Thomas Arundel, Archbishop of Canterbury (born 1353)
- August 6 – King Ladislas of Naples (born 1377)
- September 1 – William de Ros, 7th Baron de Ros, Lord Treasurer of England (born 1369)
- date unknown
- Tewodros I of Ethiopia, Emperor of Ethiopia
- Fairuzabadi, Arab lexicographer (born 1329)
- Jurjani, Arabian encyclopaedic writer (born 1339)
- John I Stanley of the Isle of Man, Lord Lieutenant of Ireland, King of the Isle of Man (born 1350)
- probable – Zyndram z Maszkowic, Polish 14th and 15th century knight (born 1355)