(Redirected from AD 1469)
1469 was a common year.
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1430s 1440s 1450s – 1460s – 1470s 1480s 1490s|
|Years:||1466 1467 1468 – 1469 – 1470 1471 1472|
- March 20 – The Battle of Nibley Green in England is the last battle fought between the private armies of feudal lords.
- July 26 – War of the Roses – Battle of Edgecote Moor: the House of Lancaster defeats the House of York.
- October 17 – Prince Ferdinand of Aragon weds Princess Isabella of Castile. This event would lead to a unified Spain in 1516.
- Sigismund of Austria sells upper-Elsass (Alsace) to the Charles the Bold in exchange for help in a war against the Swiss.
- Uzun Hassa wins in Persia and defeats Abu Said.
- Lorenzo de' Medici takes power in Florence.
- Moctezuma I, Aztec ruler of Tenochtitlan, dies and is succeeded by Axayacatl.
- James III of Scotland acquires Orkney and Shetland Islands from Denmark.