(Redirected from AD 1471)
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1440s 1450s 1460s – 1470s – 1480s 1490s 1500s|
|Years:||1468 1469 1470 – 1471 – 1472 1473 1474|
- March – The Yorkist King Edward IV returns to England to reclaim his throne.
- April 14 – Battle of Barnet – Edward defeats the Lancastrian army under Warwick, who is killed.
- May 4 – Battle of Tewkesbury – King Edward defeats a Lancastrian army under Queen Margaret and her son, Edward of Westminster the Prince of Wales, who is killed. This practically destroys the Lancastrian cause.
- May 20 – Henry VI of England is murdered in the Tower of London and Edward IV becomes sole King of England.
- October 10 – Battle of Brunkeberg in Stockholm. The forces of Regent of Sweden Sten Sture the Elder with help of farmers and miners repel an attack by Christian I, King of Denmark.
- First Inca Pachacuti Inca Yupanqui of the Inca Empire dies and is succeeded by his son Tupac Inca Yupanqui.
- Pedro Escobar and João Gomes first visit São Tomé and Principe.