(Redirected from AD 1473)
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1440s 1450s 1460s – 1470s – 1480s 1490s 1500s|
|Years:||1470 1471 1472 – 1473 – 1474 1475 1476|
- February 12 - The first complete edition of Avicenna's The Canon of Medicine (in Latin translation) is published in Milan.
- August 11 - Sultan of the Ottoman Empire Mehmed II defeats the White Sheep Turkmens led by Uzun Hasan at Otlukbeli.
Unknown dates change
- Axayacatl, Aztec ruler of Tenochtitlan, in present-day Mexico, invades the territory of the neighbouring Aztec city of Tlatelolco. The ruler of Tlatelolco is killed and replaced by a military governor, and it loses its independence in the process.
- The city walls of Celje, Slovenia, are built.
- Marsilio Ficino becomes a priest.
- Nicolo Marcello becomes Doge of Venice.
- February 19 – Nicolaus Copernicus, astronomer and mathematician (d. 1543)
- March 16 – Henry IV, Duke of Saxony (d. 1541)
- March 17 – King James IV of Scotland (d. 1513)
- August 14 – Margaret Pole, 8th Countess of Salisbury (d. 1541)
- August 17 – Richard, Duke of York, one of the Princes in the Tower (d. 1483)
- September 24 – Georg von Frundsberg, German Knight and landowner (d. 1528)
- October 26 – Friedrich of Saxony (d. 1510)
- date unknown – Thomas Howard, 3rd Duke of Norfolk, Tudor politician (d. 1555)
- January 24 – Conrad Paumann, German composer (b. c. 1410)
- February 23 – Arnold, Duke of Gelderland (b. 1410)
- April – Alessandro Sforza, condottiero
- May 8 – John Stafford, 1st Earl of Wiltshire, English politician (b. 1420)
- July 10 – James II of Cyprus (b. c. 1440)
- December 24 – John Cantius, Polish scholar and theologian (b. 1390)
- date unknown
- probable – Patriarch Gennadios II of Constantinople (b. c. 1400)