(Redirected from AD 15)
15 is a year in the 1st century. It was a common year starting on Tuesday of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Caesar and Flaccus.
|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||10s BC 0s BC 0s – 10s – 20s 30s 40s|
|Years:||12 13 14 – 15 – 16 17 18|
|Gregorian calendar||AD 15|
|Ab urbe condita||768|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||甲戌年 (Wood Dog)|
2711 or 2651
— to —
乙亥年 (Wood Pig)
2712 or 2652
|Coptic calendar||−269 – −268|
|- Vikram Samvat||71–72|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3115–3116|
|Iranian calendar||607 BP – 606 BP|
|Islamic calendar||626 BH – 625 BH|
|Julian calendar||AD 15|
|Minguo calendar||1897 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||326/327 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||557–558|
141 or −240 or −1012
— to —
142 or −239 or −1011
- Valerius Gratus is appointed Prefect of Iudaea.
- The town of Emona is founded. It is now called Ljubljana.
- Legio XXI Rapax is stationed in Regensburg.
- Germanicus fought a drawn battle with Arminius in the Teutoburg Forest
- In Rome, the selection of civil servants passes from the people to the Emperor and the Senate.
- Biography of Augustus by Nicholas of Damascus published.
- September 24 – Vitellius, Roman Emperor.
- November 6 – Agrippina the younger, Roman empress (or possibly 16) (+ 59)
- Sejus Strabo, Praetorian prefect. His son, Sejanus, succeeds him. > 31