(Redirected from AD 1634)
|Centuries:||16th century – 17th century – 18th century|
|Decades:||1600s 1610s 1620s – 1630s – 1640s 1650s 1660s|
|Years:||1631 1632 1633 – 1634 – 1635 1636 1637|
- February 24-25 – Rebellious soldiers kill Albrecht von Wallenstein
- March 1 – Battle at Smolensk, King Ladislaus IV of Poland defeats Russian army.
- March 25 – The first settlers arrive in St. Mary's City, Maryland (led by Lord Baltimore), the fourth permanent settlement in British North America.
- August 18 – Urbain Grandier, a priest accused of sorcery, burned alive in Loudun, France.
- September 5 and September 6 – Battle of Nördlingen (1634) results in Catholic victory
- Moses Amyraut's Traite de la predestination is published
- Curaçao captured by the Dutch
- Treaty of Polianovska
- First meeting of the Académie française
- Jean Nicolet lands at Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Opening of Covent Garden Market in London
- English establish a settlement at Cochin, now Kochi on Malabar coast
- First decennial performance of the Oberammergau Passion Plays
- Oxford University Press receives its charter and becomes the second of the privileged presses