(Redirected from AD 1691)
|Centuries:||16th century – 17th century – 18th century|
|Decades:||1660s 1670s 1680s – 1690s – 1700s 1710s 1720s|
|Years:||1688 1689 1690 – 1691 – 1692 1693 1694|
- March 5 – French troops under Marshal Louis-Francois de Boufflers besiege the Spanish-held town of Mons
- March 20 – Leisler's Rebellion – New governor arrives in New York – Jacob Leisler surrenders after standoff of several hours
- March 29 – Siege of Mons ends to the city’s surrender
- May 6 – Spanish inquisition condemns and forcibly baptizes 219 Jews in Palma Majorca. When 37 try to escape the island, they are burned alive at the stake
- May 16 – Jacob Leisler is hanged for treason
- October 3 – Treaty of Limerick which guaranteed civil rights to Catholics was signed. (it was broken "before the ink was dry")
- Change of emperor of the Ottoman Empire from Suleiman II (1687-1691) to Ahmed II (1691-1695).
- Michel Rolle invents Rolle's theorem, an essential theorem of mathematics.
- In New England the two separate Colonies of Massachusetts Bay Colony and Plymouth Colony are united into a single entity by an act of the King and Queen of England.