(Redirected from AD 1734)
|Centuries:||17th century – 18th century – 19th century|
|Decades:||1700s 1710s 1720s – 1730s – 1740s 1750s 1760s|
|Years:||1731 1732 1733 – 1734 – 1735 1736 1737|
- January 8 – Premiere of George Frideric Handel's opera Ariodante at the Royal Opera House, Covent Garden.
- June 17 – French troops take Philippsburg, but the Duke of Berwick is killed
- June 21 – In Montreal in New France, a black slave known by the French name of Marie-Joseph Angélique, was tortured then hanged by the French authorities in a public ceremony that involved her disgrace and the amputation of a hand.
- June 30 – Russian troops take Gdańsk (German: Danzig) which had been besieged since October 1733. Gdańsk is captured after the failure of a French expedition to relieve the city
- for more information, see Category:1734 births.