(Redirected from AD 20)
20 is a year in the 1st century. It was a leap year starting on Monday of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Marcus Valerius Messalla Barbatus and Cotta.
|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||0s BC 0s 10s – 20s – 30s 40s 50s|
|Years:||17 18 19 – 20 – 21 22 23|
|Gregorian calendar||AD 20|
|Ab urbe condita||773|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||己卯年 (Earth Rabbit)|
2716 or 2656
— to —
庚辰年 (Metal Dragon)
2717 or 2657
|Coptic calendar||−264 – −263|
|- Vikram Samvat||76–77|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3120–3121|
|Iranian calendar||602 BP – 601 BP|
|Islamic calendar||621 BH – 619 BH|
|Julian calendar||AD 20|
|Minguo calendar||1892 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||331/332 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||562–563|
146 or −235 or −1007
— to —
147 or −234 or −1006
- Tiberias is built on the Sea of Galilee by Herod Antipas.
- Galba is a Roman praetor.
- Marcus Valerius Messalla Barbatus becomes a consul.
- First year of Dihuang era of the Chinese Xin Dynasty.
- Philo defines philosophy as the maidservant of theology.
- Gnaeus Calpurnius Piso, Roman statesman and governor of Syria (b. 44 BC)
- Vipsania Agrippina, wife of Gaius Asinius Gallus and former wife of Tiberius (b. 36 BC)