(Redirected from AD 19)
19 is a year in the 1st century. It was a common year starting on Sunday of the Julian calendar. At the time, it was known as the Year of the Consulship of Silanus and Balbus.
|Centuries:||1st century BC – 1st century – 2nd century|
|Decades:||10s BC 0s BC 0s – 10s – 20s 30s 40s|
|Years:||16 17 18 – 19 – 20 21 22|
|Gregorian calendar||AD 19|
|Ab urbe condita||772|
|Balinese saka calendar||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||戊寅年 (Earth Tiger)|
2715 or 2655
— to —
己卯年 (Earth Rabbit)
2716 or 2656
|Coptic calendar||−265 – −264|
|- Vikram Samvat||75–76|
|- Shaka Samvat||N/A|
|- Kali Yuga||3119–3120|
|Iranian calendar||603 BP – 602 BP|
|Islamic calendar||622 BH – 621 BH|
|Julian calendar||AD 19|
|Minguo calendar||1893 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||330/331 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||561–562|
145 or −236 or −1008
— to —
146 or −235 or −1007
- Maroboduus, king of the Marcomanni, is deposed by Catualda. This ended the threat to the Romans from German tribes until the reign of Marcus Aurelius. Rome places them under its protection.
- Julius Caesar Germanicus (33), Roman commandant of the Rhine legions and the best loved of Roman princes, died of poisoning. On his deathbed he accused Piso, the governor of Syria, of poisoning him.
- Tiberius expels the Egyptians from Rome, and deports 4,000 Jews from Sicily.
- Agrippina the Elder accuses Gnaeus Calpurnius Piso, governor of Syria, of assassinating her husband Germanicus in Antioch. Piso commits suicide in Rome.
- A Triumphal Arch is built for Germanicus in Saintes.
- Last year (6th) of Tianfeng era of the Chinese Xin Dynasty.
- Gondophares becomes king of the Saces.
- Tiberius Gemellus grandson of Tiberius.