Carl's Jr. Restaurants LLC is an American fast food restaurant chain. CKE Restaurant Holdings (CKE stands for Carl Karcher Enterprises) is the operator of this chain and its related restaurant business Hardee's. The business is operated in North America, Oceania, Europe, Africa, Asia and South America.
Carl's Jr. sells French fries, chicken sandwiches/strips, hamburgers, cheeseburgers and breakfast food materials (until 10:30 a.m. each day). Breakfast items include orange juice, frosted cinnamon rolls, hash browns, milk, eggs and biscuits.
The business chain was started in Los Angeles in the early 1940s by Margaret Karcher and her husband Carl.
In 1988, Carl Karcher and several others related to him—one of them was chain president Donald F. Karcher—were accused by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission of insider trading. However, the only charge was e against the head accountant. In summer the following year, they settled their case by paying a fine.
- ↑ "Chicken Products". Carl's Jr./Hardees Menus. Retrieved October 31, 2021.
- ↑ "Cinnamon Rolls & Other Sweets". Breakfast Menus. Retrieved October 31, 2021.
- ↑ "Carl's Drive-In was a Popular Hang Out". Anaheim's High School Association. Retrieved October 31, 2021.
- ↑ "SEC Meets Carl Karcher–Insider Trading". United States' Justice Department. Retrieved October 31, 2021.
- ↑ "The Karchers Settle the Insider Trading Case with a Fine". The Los Angeles Times. Retrieved October 31, 2021.