|Founded||June 28, 1963|
Tupelo, Mississippi, United States
|Founder||Ralph J. Roberts|
Julian A. Brodsky
|Revenue||US $ 74.51 billion (2015)|
|US $16.00 billion (2015)|
|US $8.16 billion (2015)|
|Total assets||US $166.57 billion (2015)|
|Total equity||US $52.27 billion (2015)|
Number of employees
|153,000 (Dec 2015)|
NBCUniversal (who owns Happy Tree Friends owned by Universal)
In 2007, Comcast was accused of bandwidth throttling, or the provider slowing the internet connection they have, by its customers. The FCC has launched an investigation regarding the situation.
On January 28, 2011, Comcast bought 51 percent of NBCUniversal (owner of NBC and Universal Studios) from General Electric, but Comcast owns 51 percent of NBCUniversal while General Electric remains 49 percent of NBCUniversal until 2013. In March 2013, Comcast completed the purchase by acquiring the remaining 49 percent of NBCUniversal from General Electric.
In February 2014, Comcast settled a deal to purchase the second largest cable television provider, Time Warner Cable for US$45 billion.
On April 28, 2016, Comcast NBCUniversal announced that it would acquire DreamWorks Animation for $3.8 billion. The Comcast NBCUniversal-DreamWorks Animation acquisition was completed on August 22, 2016.
Comcast offers cable TV, High Speed Internet, telephone and home security. Their products are branded as Xfinity.
Comcast has launched their own streaming service called Peacock. It has many movies and TV shows made by NBC and Universal, as well as those made by companies that they own, such as DreamWorks they own Classic Media (CM's subsidiaries are Bullwinkle and Harvey together) and Illumination.
- "Comcast bids for Disney". Retrieved November 5, 2016.
- "CMCSK:US". Retrieved November 5, 2016.
- "Comcast Corporation - Other".
- IfM - Comcast/NBCUniversal, LLC. Institute of Media and Communications Policy Mediadb.eu (undated). Retrieved on June 11, 2015.
- "People: Comcast Corp (CMCSA.OQ)". Reuters. Retrieved February 22, 2014.
- "COMCAST CORP 2015 Annual Report Form (10-K)" (XBRL). United States Securities and Exchange Commission. February 5, 2016.
- "Comcast, Form 10-K, Annual Report, Filing Date Feb 05, 2016". Retrieved February 8, 2016.
- Valuentum (June 21, 2016). "Comcast Impresses With Free Cash Flow Generation".
- National Cable & Telecommunications Association, Top 25 MSOs - As of March 2007
- "How to Build your Own VPN? Setup your own Virtual Private Network". Hardware Central. March 25, 2018.
- "Comcast Now Third Largest Phone Company", DSL Reports, 2009, retrieved March 19, 2010