|Part of a series of articles on|
|Track and field athletics|
|Ice hockey· Skating|
In women's gymnastics, there are four activities: floor, uneven bars, balance beam, and vault. In men's gymnastics, there are six activities: floor exercise, parallel bars, high bar, pommel horse, vault, and rings.
Gymnastics is a Summer Olympic sport.
Forms of gymnasticsEdit
There are several forms of gymnastics, including rhythmic gymnastics, artistic gymnastics, acrobatics, trampolining, and wheel gymnastics and no handed gymnastics. In artistic gymnastics, gymnasts perform short routines using different pieces of equipment. Acrobatics involves showing balance and performing flips on the floor or in the air. In trampolining, gymnasts do routines using only the trampoline. Wheel gymnasts exercise in a large wheel called a German wheel.
Media related to gymnastics at Wikimedia Commons
- FM Gymnastics Archived 2007-03-29 at the Wayback Machine- a list of Techniques and free animated comic tutorials for Floor Gymnastics.
Websites of the federationsEdit
- Gimnasia Argentina
- Gymnastics Australia Archived 2013-07-10 at the Wayback Machine
- Brazilian Gymnastics Federation
- Gymnastics Canada Archived 2007-07-01 at the Wayback Machine
- Chinese Gymnastics Association Archived 2001-04-01 at the Wayback Machine
- Fédération Française de Gymnastique
- Federazione Ginnastica d'Italia
- Japan Gymnastic Association Archived 2014-09-17 at the Wayback Machine
- Mexican Gymnastics Federation Archived 2021-04-24 at the Wayback Machine
- Romanian Gymnastics Federation Archived 2007-05-20 at the Wayback Machine
- Russian Gymnastics Federation
- British Gymnastics
- USA Gymnastics Archived 2012-06-18 at the Wayback Machine