Inside Out (2015 movie)
Inside Out is a 2015 American computer animated comedy-drama adventure movie. It was produced by Pixar Animation Studios for Walt Disney Pictures, being the 15th movie in the Pixar series. The movie is directed by one of Pixar's leading talents Pete Docter. The film was shown at the Cannes Film Festival on May 18, 2015 and was released on June 19, 2015.
|Directed by||Pete Docter|
|Screenplay by||Michael Arndt|
|Story by||Pete Docter|
|Produced by||Jonas Rivera|
|Music by||Michael Giacchino|
|Distributed by||Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures|
|June 19, 2015|
Riley Anderson is an 11-year-old girl. She moves from Minnesota to San Francisco with her family. This affects a number of emotions in her head that each control her feelings, thoughts, and memories. The five emotion characters are: Joy, Anger, Disgust, Fear, and Sadness. Each of the characters has power over an island of Riley's life, which represent different parts of her personality.
After a bad series of events at her first day of school, Joy and Sadness get sucked out of Headquarters, where the 5 emotions work. The rest of the movie consists of the other 3 emotions trying to compensate for Joy's absence but failing to.
Near the end of the movie, after Riley tries running away out of homesickness, Sadness and Joy come back. After every emotion tried discarding Sadness in the past, she stops Riley from going back to Minnesota. Riley then goes back to her new house and cries about missing her old home with her parents, with Joy and Sadness in control. After she finishes crying, a bittersweet yellow and blue memory comes out, made by the both of them. This is Riley's first mixed-emotion memory. This memory makes the emotions realize that Sadness also plays an important role in Riley's life.
- Amy Poehler as Joy
- Phyllis Smith as Sadness
- Bill Hader as Fear
- Lewis Black as Anger
- Mindy Kaling as Disgust
- Richard Kind as Bing Bong
- Kaitlyn Dias as Riley Andersen
- Kaitlyn Dias as a baby Riley, toddler Riley
- Diane Lane as Riley's Mother
- Kyle MacLachlan as Riley's Father
- Paula Poundstone as Forgetter Paula
- Bobby Moynihan as Forgetter Bobby
- Paula Pell as Dream Director and Mother's Anger
- Dave Goelz as Subconscious Guard Frank
- Frank Oz as Subconscious Guard Dave
- Josh Cooley as Jangles the Clown
- Flea as Mind Worker Cop Jake
- John Ratzenberger as Fritz
- Carlos Alazraqui as Father's Fear and Brazilian Helicopter Pilot
- Lori Alan as Mother's Sadness
- Rashida Jones as Cool Girl's emotions
- Magic by Pilot
- Smells Like Teen Spirit by Faceplant
- Here Without You by 3 Doors Down
- Californication by Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Show 'Em by Backstreet Boys
- Don't Tell Me by Avril Lavigne
- The Kids from Yesterday by My Chemical Romance
- Lullaby by Nickelback
- Runaways by The Killers
- God's Will by Martina McBride
- Do You Believe in Magic by SWMRS
- Jennifer Wolfe (April 18, 2013). "Pixar's 'Inside Out' Gets Official Announcement". AWN.com. Archived from the original on March 3, 2016. Retrieved December 17, 2014.
- "INSIDE OUT RILEY". Tumblr. Retrieved December 17, 2014.
- "D23 Expo: New Art From the Upcoming Disney, Pixar and Disneytoon Movies". ComingSoon.net. August 9, 2013. Archived from the original on August 13, 2013. Retrieved August 13, 2013.
- "Inside Out Production Notes" (PDF). Cannes Film Festival. May 16, 2015. p. 12. Archived (PDF) from the original on August 19, 2015. Retrieved August 18, 2015.
RILEY Andersen is an eternally happy kid...
- Debruge, Peter (June 10, 2014). "Pixar Breaks Silence, Offers Inside Look at 'Inside Out' at Annecy". Variety. Retrieved June 13, 2014.
- Mendelson, Scott (October 2, 2014). "'Inside Out' Trailer Sells Pixar's Emotional Legacy". Forbes. Retrieved October 5, 2014.
Inside Out stars Kaitlyn Dias as the young girl whose brain provides the basis for the story.
- Bryan Alexander (December 8, 2014). "Parents speak their mind in Pixar's 'Inside Out'". USA Today. Retrieved December 8, 2014.
- "Pixar's 'Inside Out' Cast Includes Some Awesome Voice Cameos (Spoilers)". Stitch Kingdom. May 20, 2015. Archived from the original on May 22, 2015. Retrieved May 22, 2015.
- "Inside Out press kit" (PDF). The Walt Disney Studios. May 20, 2015. Archived from the original (PDF) on June 22, 2015. Retrieved May 28, 2015.
- Mendelson, Scott (February 1, 2015). "Pixar's 'Inside Out' Puppy Bowl Ad Plays On Your Emotions". Forbes. Retrieved March 20, 2015.