Olena Volodymyrivna Zelenska (Ukrainian: Олена Володимирівна Зеленська; née Kiyashko, Кіяшко; born 6 February 1978) is a Ukrainian screenwriter. She is the current First Lady of Ukraine since 2019. She is the wife of President Volodymyr Zelensky.
|First Lady of Ukraine|
20 May 2019
|Preceded by||Maryna Poroshenko|
Olena Volodymyrivna Kiyashko
6 February 1978
Krivoy Rog, Ukrainian SSR, Soviet Union (now Kryvyi Rih Ukraine)
Volodymyr Zelensky (m. 2003)
|Alma mater||Kryvyi Rih National University|
On 12 June 2020, Zelenska announced that she had tested positive for COVID-19. Four days later, she was hospitalized as the infection became worse. Zelenska was released from the hospital on 3 July 2020.
After the 2022 Russian invasion of Ukraine, Zelenska was seen as Russia's number two target. In mid-March, she was still in Ukraine at an unknown location. She released a statement saying the names of children killed during the invasion.
- правды», Екатерина БЕЛОКОНОВА | Сайт «Комсомольской (16 May 2019). "Инаугурация Владимира Зеленского состоится 20 мая". KP.RU - сайт «Комсомольской правды».
- "UNIAN: Main facts about Ukraine's next first lady Olena Zelenska | KyivPost - Ukraine's Global Voice". KyivPost. 24 April 2019.
- "100 самых влиятельных украинцев". Focus (Ukrainian magazine). 23 December 2019.
- Ukraine leader cancels meetings, trips after wife tests positive for coronavirus, Reuters (12 June 2020)
- Ukraine president's wife hospitalized with moderate COVID-19, Reuters (16 June 2020)
- "Zelensky's wife overcame the coronavirus, but problems remain". Ukrayinska Pravda (in Ukrainian). 3 July 2020.
- "Ukraine's first lady, decrying deaths of children amid Russia's invasion, pleads for international support". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2022-03-16.