Paleoconservatism (sometimes called paleocon) is a conservative idea that stresses tradition, limited government and civil society, along with religious, national and Western identity. The idea is mainly found in the United States.
According to scholar Michael Foley, paleoconservatives want more restrictions on immigration, cuts in multicultural programs, protectionism (basically meaning that foreign goods will be taxed more), isolationism, and to bring back traditional societal roles.
- Donald Trump – 45th President of the United States, Political researcher Bruce Wilson said about Trump, "[He] advances core paleoconservative positions laid out in "The Next Conservatism" — rebuilding infrastructure, protective tariffs, securing borders and stopping illegal immigration, neutralizing designated internal enemies and isolationism."
- Pat Buchanan – Journalist
- Robert Novak – Journalist
- Virgil Goode – Politician
- Marjorie Taylor Greene – Politician, U.S. Representative for Georgia's 14th congressional district since 2021.
- Nick Fuentes – Presenter
- Mcdonald Wesley. "Russell Kirk and the Prospects for Conservatism", Humanitas, Vol. 12, 1999.
- Rosenberg, Paul (July 16, 2016). "Donald Trump's weaponized platform: A project three decades in the making". Salon.