Robert Swan Mueller III (//; born August 7, 1944) is an American lawyer and civil servant. He was the sixth Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation from 2001 to 2013. He is a Republican. He was appointed by President George W. Bush and his original ten-year term was given a two-year extension by President Barack Obama.
Mueller is the longest-serving FBI director since J. Edgar Hoover. He is currently head of the Special Counsel investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 United States elections.
- "FBI Nominee Lauded for Tenacity". The Washington Post. July 30, 2001. Retrieved May 17, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Robert S. Mueller, III, September 4, 2001- September 4, 2013", Federal Bureau of Investigation: "he served as an officer for three years".
- Rosenstein, Rod. "Rod Rosenstein's Letter Appointing Mueller Special Counsel". The New York Times. Retrieved May 18, 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
Media related to Robert Swan Mueller III at Wikimedia Commons
- Profile at the Federal Bureau of Investigation and staff
- Appearances on C-SPAN
- Robert Mueller on IMDb
- Works by or about Robert Mueller in libraries (WorldCat catalog)
- Robert Mueller collected news and commentary at The New York Times
- Robert Mueller Archived 2018-02-04 at the Wayback Machine