Super Mario 3D World
Super Mario 3D World is a 2013 platform video game released for Wii U. It is part of the Mario series. It is the sequel to the 2011 Nintendo 3DS game Super Mario 3D Land. It was released in Japan on November 21, 2013, in North America on November 22, 2013, in Europe on November 29, 2013, and in Australia on November 30, 2013. A Nintendo Switch remaster, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury was announced during a Super Mario Bros. 35th Anniversary themed Nintendo Direct and was released worldwide on February 12, 2021.
|Super Mario 3D World|
|Developer(s)||Nintendo EAD Tokyo|
Players control Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, and Toad. Like in Super Mario Bros. 2, each character has their own unique abilities. Luigi can jump higher than other characters, Princess Peach can float in mid-air for a short time, and Toad can run fast. Rosalina also appears as a fifth playable character who needs to be unlocked in order to play as her. She can use the spin attack move that is seen in Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2, but is the slowest character. There is a new item called the Super Bell, that turns the player into their cat form, which allows players to climb up walls, run faster, perform unique attacks, and run up to the top of the goal pole at the end of each level. The game features multiplayer mode.
- Bell, Kyle. "Nintendo Unveils Super Mario 3D World". Archived from the original on 2014-07-04. Retrieved 2013-10-18.
- "E3 2013: Why Nintendo Didn't Make Mario Galaxy 3". IGN.
- Napolitano, Jayson. "Super Mario 3D World reunites Mario Galaxy composers". Destructoid.
- Goldfarb, Andrew (August 28, 2013). "Super Mario 3D World, Donkey Kong Wii U Release Dates". IGN.
- "Nintendo Direct 2013.10.1 | Nintendo" (in Japanese). Nintendo Co., Ltd.
- "NINTENDO ANNOUNCES LAUNCH DATES FOR ANTICIPATED Wii U & NINTENDO 3DS TITLES FOR 2013". Nintendo Australia. 2 October 2013.