Stephen Yaxley-Lennon (born 27 November 1982), known as Tommy Robinson, is the former leader of the European Defence League and English Defence League. In January 2014, he was sentenced to 18 months in prison.
Tommy Robinson (2015)
Robinson was born in Luton, Bedfordshire. He is a strong supporter of free speech. He opposes internet censorship. He is known for his Far-right politics and has received criticism over islamophobia.
He has been in prison for different crimes, for example a violent crime and because he travelled using another person's passport.
- "EDL founder Tommy Robinson jailed". The Independent. 23 January 2014.
- Hill, Matt Rowland (18 October 2013). "Who is the real Tommy Robinson?" – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- Byrne, Patrick J. "National affairs: What's behind the Australian Liberty Alliance?." News Weekly 2941 (2015): 5.
- Trilling, Daniel (2018-10-25). "Tommy Robinson and the far right's new playbook". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2020-06-21.
- CNN, Kara Fox and Tara John. "Tommy Robinson, UK far-right figurehead, jailed for contempt of court". CNN. Retrieved 2020-06-21.
- Simmonds, Julian (7 January 2013). "EDL leader jailed for being illegal immigrant after entering US on friend's passport". Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 11 November 2018.
- Wilson, Jennifer. "White Flight: Nationalists take on the shifting grounds of Polish racial identity." World Policy Journal 35.1 (2018): 26-29.
- "YEP says: Why what Tommy Robinson did was put Tommy first – what we did was put the victims first". Yorkshire Evening Post. 19 October 2018.
- Finnegan, Stephanie; MacKenzie, Oliver (30 May 2018). "This is why Tommy Robinson was jailed for filming outside a court". Cambridge News. Retrieved 13 February 2019.