Transformers: Age of Extinction
Transformers: Age of Extinction is a 2014 American science fiction action movie. It is based on the Transformers toy line. The movie was released on June 27, 2014. It was released in both IMAX and 3D. Age of Extinction is the fourth live-action Transformers movie series. It follows Transformers, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen, and Transformers: Dark of the Moon. The movie was directed by Michael Bay and produced by Steven Spielberg. The story of the movie takes place four years after the thrid movie.
|Transformers: Age of Extinction|
|Directed by||Michael Bay|
|Written by||Chris Wedge|
|Music by||Steve Jablonsky|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
Mark wahlberg, Nicola Peltz and Jack Reynor star as the main characters. Kelsey Grammer is the main antagonist. Peter Cullen, James Remar, Reno Wilson and Robert Foxworth returning as the voices of Optimus Prime, Sideswipe, Mirage, Brains and Ratchet. ]The cast also includes Stanley Tucci, Li Bingbing, Sophia Myles, and TJ Miller. The movie added John Goodman and Ken Watanabe as the voices of Hound and Drift. It also includes John DiMaggio (Leadfoot) and Frank Welker (Galvatron)
Four years after an invasion that tore Chicago apart, a mechanic and his daughter discover Optimus Prime, which brings down all the Autobots, Decepticons, and a paranoid government agency upon them.
- Mark Wahlberg - Cade Yeager. A single father and inventor, main protagonist.
- Nicola Peltz - Tessa Yeager. Cade's daughter, protagonist.
- Jack Reynor - Shane Dyson. Tessa's boyfriend and race car driver, protagonist.
- Peter Cullen - Optimus Prime, the leader of the Autobots. Semi-trailer truck.
- Bumblebee (no voice actor) - an Autobot scout. modified 1967 Camaro and 2014 Chevrolet Camaro concept.
- Robert Foxworth - Ratchet, the Autobots' medical officer.
- John Goodman - Hound, an Autobot commando.
- James Remar - Sideswipe, the Autobots' combat instructor.
- John DiMaggio - Crosshairs, an Autobot paratrooper.
- Ken Watanabe - Drift, an Autobot tactician , former Decepticon.
- Reno Wilson voices Brains, a Decepticon drone turned Auto.
Bay said that filming had begun on May 28, 2013, in Monument Valley, Utah. Detroit, was used for scenes in Hong Kong. McCormick Place in Chicago, was was used for a city in China. The movie was the first movie to be shot using smaller digital IMAX 3D cameras. From May 28 to June 24, 2013, Michael Bay uploaded pictures of several cars used in the movie. He uploaded them to social networks including Facebook and Flickr.
On October 29, Michael Bay's Twitter account tweeted that main photography of Transformers 4 had ended in Hong Kong The cast and crew went to the main land for another week of filming Additional filming in Detroit began in early 2014.
Ehren Kruger will wrote the script and Steve Jablonsky wrote the music the movie.
- Franich, Darren (April 2, 2013). "Paramount co-producing 'Transformers 4' with Chinese company". Entertainment Weekly.
- Bay, Michael (May 31, 2014). "Transformers 4 Running Time". Michael Bay. Retrieved May 31, 2014.
- Germain Lussier (March 12, 2014). "'Transformers 4' IMAX Poster: Giant Robots On the Giant Screen". Slash Film. Retrieved March 20, 2014.
- "Michael Bay Re-Teams With His 'Pain & Gain' Star Mark Wahlberg for Transformers 4". Michael Bay.com. November 11, 2012. Archived from the original on February 10, 2014. Retrieved February 3, 2014.
- Wales, George (March 28, 2013). "Transformers 4 casts Nicola Peltz as female lead". Total Film. Retrieved February 3, 2014.
- Kit, Borys (November 14, 2012). "Michael Bay Testing Hot Young Actors for 'Transformers 4' Leads (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved June 25, 2013.
- Kit, Borys (January 8, 2013). "Jack Reynor Lands Starring Role". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 3, 2014.
- Kelsey Grammer Lands Lead (Human) Villain In ‘Transformers’ Sequel
- CinemaCon: Stanley Tucci Joins Transformers 4
- "'Transformers 4' Adds Titus Welliver". Deadline Hollywood. July 24, 2013.
- Collura, Scott (September 21, 2012). "Peter Cullen Back as Optimus for Transformers 4". IGN. Retrieved February 3, 2014.
- Lovett, James (February 2, 2014). "Transformers: Age of Extinction Super Bowl Trailer Preview". Comicbook.com. Retrieved February 4, 2014.
- "Transformers Bios". Hasbro.com. April 21, 2014. Archived from the original on June 16, 2014. Retrieved April 21, 2014.
- Bay, Michael (May 8, 2014). "John Goodman And Ken Watanabe Join The Autobot Voice Cast in Michael Bay's 'Transformers: Age Of Extinction'". Michael Bay. Archived from the original on April 11, 2016. Retrieved May 8, 2014.
- Vieira, Anthony (February 15, 2014). "'Transformers: Age of Extinction' Toy Images Reveal New Characters". Screenrant.com. Retrieved February 15, 2014.
- Eisenberg, Eric (March 24, 2014). "Transformers: Age Of Extinction CinemaCon Footage Brings Dinosaurs, Explosions And More". Cinemablend.com. Retrieved March 25, 2014.
- Williams, Candice (August 9, 2013). "'Transformers 4' ends filming in downtown Detroit with one last glimpse for fans". The Detroit News. Archived from the original on September 27, 2013. Retrieved January 9, 2014.
- "Photos: Transformers 4 Filming in Chicago". Chicago Tribune. August 21, 2013. Retrieved August 25, 2013.
- "Exclusive: Michael Bay Reveals TRANSFORMERS 4 Will Shoot the 'Showcase Scenes' With the New IMAX 3D Digital Camera". Collider.com. April 17, 2013. Retrieved July 13, 2014.
- Bay, Michael [@michaelbay] (October 28, 2013). "Thanks #hongkong Now on to #China #Transformers4 #tf4 #transformers #michaelbay" (Tweet). Retrieved August 31, 2021 – via Twitter.
- "'Transformers 4′: New Optimus Prime, Two New Autobots; T.J. Miller Joins Cast". Screenrant.com. June 27, 2013. Retrieved August 25, 2013.