Wikipedia talk:User page
“ libelling people on userpages is a bad idea, and in fact, using userpages to attack people or campaign for or against anything or anyone is a bad idea "
Remove non-existent "See also" in this article?Edit
Remove or create Wikipedia:Userbox migration soon?Edit
"... , and a directory of them can be found here." looks incorrect; remove or create soon, please. It appears to have been created, but it not a directory. Stewi101015 (talk) 22:33, 14 October 2015 (UTC)
From " ... (cite as WP:UP#Games) (compare Category:Wikipedia games and Category:Wikipedia Word Association.)" in this article; WP:UP#Games redirects to that exact spot (worse than useless). Category:Wikipedia games and Category:Wikipedia Word Association do not exist, so are worse than unhelpful. Stewi101015 (talk) 22:55, 14 October 2015 (UTC)
Choosing An ArticleEdit
Article 1: Cadaver https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadaver
Article 2: Autopsy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autopsy
Article 3: Voluntary Euthanasia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voluntary_euthanasia
Protected edit requestEdit
- @IPad365: May not be easy? Can you be more specific about which parts you find hard to understand? --Auntof6 (talk) 03:07, 17 April 2018 (UTC)
- Example: "Please do not include non-free images (images uploaded to Wikipedia without the permission of the copyright owner, or under licenses that do not permit commercial use) on your user page or on any subpage of it (this is official policy and the usual wide user page latitude does not apply, see Wikipedia:Non-free content criteria for details)." - this is hard to parse for everyone, I'd say.
- Also: "Inappropriate content - There is broad agreement that you may not include in your user space material that is likely to bring the project into disrepute, or which is likely to give widespread offence. Wikipedia is not a soapbox is usually means user space as well as the encyclopaedia itself. You do have more freedom in user space than elsewhere, but remember: don't be a dick about it. " Also, the second "sentence" does not make any sense.
- --Haraldmmueller (talk) 18:51, 26 November 2018 (UTC)
Items to consider (March 2019)Edit
The discussion over at WP:Simple talk has me thinking about this guideline a bit. It hasn't been edited at all since 2016. And certainly there are a couple of items more recent than 2016 which even on a very cursory look ought to be incorporated somehow:
- Non-free file uploads: Only admins (and uploaders) can upload files now. So we can probably remove this.
- Global user pages as an alternative to local user pages (or blanked user pages). (Aspects of this would appear in several places here.)
- The request from User:Haraldmmueller just above on simplification probably has some merit, even if the user himself never edited here except for making this request. User is extended-confirmed on English Wikipedia, and autoreview on German Wikipedia, so does have some experience.
- There are some odds and ends I'd probably change a bit. A non-exhaustive list includes:
I'm willing to tackle this over the next couple of weeks. (I'm leaving aside the discussion at WP:ST for now; anything new from that can be incorporated subsequently.) Are people OK with this? Would people prefer that I do this in a sandbox? StevenJ81 (talk) 15:41, 5 March 2019 (UTC)