|This is a Wikipedia user talk page.|
This is not a Wikipedia article or the talk page for a Wikipedia article. If you find this page on any website other than Wikipedia, you are looking at a mirror site. This page may not be up to date, and the user who made this page may have no relationship with any site other than Wikipedia. The original talk page can be found at
Thanks for the heads-up about Justa LujwanganaEdit
Hello! Thank you for the heads up last week about the RfD of Justa Lujwangana's page. For all the work I have done with students, that page was the one topic I found iffy (a student wrote it last February). I wanted to give the student the chance to build the argument, but the student did not quite get there. We are very careful about topic selection. I was overwhelmed at work last week and unable to participate in the RfD, but would not have fought it.
Nonetheless, I thank you for taking the time to reach out. I actually thank you for all you do here. Your dedication is notable and meaningful.
I was just notified that another page I set up but that was not ultimately taken on by a student in 2019-20 school year is also up for a new RfD. I realize that one error in my process (that honestly, I am not sure how to change) involves me setting up pages ahead of time for the articles my students will be writing. This usually goes smoothly, but we sometimes have an extra page or two left over. Since I cannot delete pages left over in this way, I am worried it will be a burden on my credibility. However, I will think hard about how to approach this element of the project in future years so as not to leave a mess. Thank you Castilibrary2 (talk) Castilibrary2 (talk) 13:32, 18 September 2022 (UTC)
1940s in AfricaEdit
Hi Auntof6, I noticed you made Category:1940s in Africa and left a note about it on MathXplore's talk page. Did you intend for this to be a container category or should it also include articles about events that happened in the 1940s in Africa? Lights and freedom (talk) 22:32, 18 September 2022 (UTC)
I want a feedback from you on my recent edits. I had an interaction with you many times. So you may feel free to tell anything about my edits. If any improvement is required then I would go forward with that. Best DMK-C5 (talk) 02:25, 19 September 2022 (UTC)
- @DMK-C5: Can you be more specific? Are there any specific edits you'd like feedback on? It's hard to just look at all of an editor's work. -- Auntof6 (talk) 04:01, 19 September 2022 (UTC)
- 1. Anti-Vandalism edits
2. Creating new articles DMK-C5 (talk) 05:09, 19 September 2022 (UTC)
- @DMK-C5: I will look some more, but just after looking at Hurricane Danny (1997) I can say that you have to be very careful using the content translator. Automatic translators do not give good text for use on Simple English Wikipedia. Whatever output it gives you, you need to check it for grammar and simplicity. Some of the sentences in the article were not complete, and some did not make sense. I just made some changes to Hurricane Danny (1997); you can look at them to see examples of what I mean. -- Auntof6 (talk) 07:47, 19 September 2022 (UTC)
- 1. Anti-Vandalism edits
You have got mail!Edit
- Auntof6? Please look here. You didn't respond. DMK-C5 (talk) 01:21, 22 September 2022 (UTC)
- @DMK-C5: I did some simplifying, but it still needs more. Here are some notes:
- There are a lot of references for such a short article. Can some of them be combined or removed?
- Both present tense and past tense are used to talk about the book. If the book still exists, most of the verbs should be in present tense except the ones that refer to specific things in the past (like when it was written).
- The article doesn't say why the book is notable.
- It needs more simplifying, but to do that I'd need to understand more about the subject. That would mean researching it, but that's not something I want to do right now. I hope some of this helps. -- Auntof6 (talk) 19:33, 22 September 2022 (UTC)
- Sir, to your reply,
1. If the references are not appropriate in just giving a brief details of the topic, it can be removed. I don't have any problem.
2. Maybe the book now doesn't exist. Only the brief information is got in every reference but didn't explain the notability of the book.
3. I just adjusted the tone of the topic. But personally I don't feel that the article would be kept. In enwiki, it just added a brief mention at the author's page.
I think we must do RFD. What do you say? DMK-C5 (talk) 08:35, 23 September 2022 (UTC)
- Sir, to your reply,
Autonomous oblast of Russia redirectEdit
I think the Autonomous Oblast of Russia page should redirect to Jewish Autonomous Oblast instead of Oblasts of Russia because the JAO is the only autonomous oblast of Russia (also the English wikipedia does this). It's up to you though. InfernoGaming46 (talk) 10:52, 21 September 2022 (UTC)
- @InfernoGaming46: I didn't know that was the only one. There was a request from MathXplore to delete the two redirects, but I changed the redirect target instead. Feel free to change them as you suggest, and thanks for helping me become more educated. -- Auntof6 (talk) 14:17, 21 September 2022 (UTC)
- @Lights and freedom: Pretty much the whole thing. Your change used some words that were simpler than the ones there before, but they were less accurate. For example, atoms don't "break". There was also a grammatical error in the sentence "They break if the forces in the nucleus are too weak to hold it together" -- it starts with a plural pronoun but later uses a singular one to describe the same thing. -- Auntof6 (talk) 01:20, 22 September 2022 (UTC)
Re: Deletion of categoryEdit
Good Morning, ￼
I am writing this as I noticed you deleted the Russian-language movies category for too few entries in the category. I am not sure why it showed few entries to you however looking at Special:WantedCategories it said that it had over 800 articles linked to that category. Even showing on the link count tool here shows over 800 articles with that category linked to it. So, I was wondering if you could undelete it, I figure it is a system issue as it might take a while for the system to process that many of the articles to show up in that category.
- Hello, we are a smaller Wiki than Enwp, and generally, for a category, we want at least three entries. So, if you can think of three Russian-language movies that have a page on this Wikipedia, there's probably no harm in re-creating the category, and adding the three movies. These are of course just my thoughts, I was not the one who deleted the category. Eptalon (talk) 15:30, 25 September 2022 (UTC)
- @Clarkcj12: Eptalon is correct about why I deleted the category. However, I see that Template:Infobox movie only adds the category to an article if the category exists. I recreated the category and forced three entries into it by doing null edits on them. We can see if the rest eventually appear. If not, someone can do null edits on the rest.
- I looked to see if enwiki's template does the same thing, and it looks like it doesn't. They seem to have removed the automatic categorization. It would probably be good for us to do that as well, but that's a bigger project.
- FYI, we wouldn't usually look at what links to a category. We would just look at what actually shows up in it. If a case like this comes up again, you could prevent the category from being deleted if you force at least three articles into it. You can do that by doing a null edit on articles after the category is created.
- Pinging MathXplore: you often tag categories as being underpopulated. If you see any others like this, please see if you can populate them before tagging them. Thanks! -- Auntof6 (talk) 19:39, 25 September 2022 (UTC)