|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||990s 1000s 1010s – 1020s – 1030s 1040s 1050s|
|Years:||1019 1020 1021 – 1022 – 1023 1024 1025|
- Al-Muizz ibn Badis begins to rule Ifriqiya in his own right.
- The Song Dynasty Chinese military has one million registered soldiers, an increase since the turn of the 11th century when the Song military only had nine hundred thousand soldiers.
- Aethelnoth, Archbishop of Canterbury, is received at Rome.
- Several Catharists are killed in Toulouse.
- The Synod of Pavia issues decrees against non-celibate clergy and against simony.
- Robert II the Pious burns some canons of St. Croix in Orléans, for holding that the world is inherently evil.