2037 (MMXXXVII) will be a common year starting on Thursday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2037th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 37th year of the 3rd millennium, the 37th year of the 21st century, and the 8th year of the 2030s decade.
|Centuries:||20th century – 21st century – 22nd century|
|Decades:||2000s 2010s 2020s – 2030s – 2040s 2050s 2060s|
|Years:||2034 2035 2036 – 2037 – 2038 2039 2040|
Predicted and scheduled eventsEdit
- Certain documents relating to Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon's wishes to preserve a monarchy if the Nazis occupied the UK are to be released from the Royal Archives.
- According to estimates released in October 2007, the Far Ultraviolet Spectroscopic Explorer (FUSE) space telescope, decommissioned that month, will continue orbiting the earth until it burns up in the atmosphere approximately 30 years after its decommissioning.
- The 2037 Bomber, an optionally manned, stealthy, hypersonic, heavy-bomber is scheduled to enter service this year, as the USAF calculates that attrition will have reduced their existing strategic bomber fleet below the minimum 170 aircraft.
- The use of fossil fuels is scheduled to become infrequent by this year in developed countries. Alternative fuels (like wind and solar) will eventually relegate the use of fossil fuels to the Middle East and to developing countries.
- The world's largest mud volcano, in East Java, Indonesia, may have stopped erupting.
Computer video gamesEdit
Film and televisionEdit
- The Dexter's Laboratory movie Ego Trip has some scenes that take place in 2037.
- In the 2002 movie The Time Machine, demolitions on the moon cause the moon to break up and the earths orbit is affected, causing mass extermination of the human race on August 20, 2037.
- The Disney Channel Original Movie and the book, Zenon: Girl of the Twenty First Century takes place in the year 2037.
- The majority of the Disney animated film Meet the Robinsons (2007) takes place in the year 2037.
- In the film V for Vendetta, V destroys the Old Bailey with homemade explosives on November 5 of this year.
- In the Star Trek universe, the third manned space mission to travel outside of the confines of the Terran solar system, the Charybdis, takes place this year
- In the Ben 10 universe, the events of Ken 10 occur in this year beginning on Ken's 10th birthday. (2007)
- Science fiction novel Time's Eye by Arthur C. Clarke and Stephen Baxter has some of its lead characters from the year 2037.
- The Night Sessions, a 2008 novel by Ken MacLeod, is set in this year.
- Lumi, a fictional character and the singer of the virtual band Genki Rockets, was born on September 11, 2037, and is the first human to be born in space.
- "Saudi Arabia in the year 2037 - also deals with developed countries having alternative fuels". Archived from the original on 2001-07-23. Retrieved 2010-11-17.
- "Minority Report - Production Notes". Retrieved 2011-11-17.
- "Indonesian mud volcano flow 'to last 26 years'". BBC News. February 25, 2011.