(Redirected from AD 1362)
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1330s 1340s 1350s – 1360s – 1370s 1380s 1390s|
|Years:||1359 1360 1361 – 1362 – 1363 1364 1365|
- First Foundation of the Venerable English College
- January 16 – The "Grote Mandrenke" storm tide strikes Holland, England, Germany and Denmark destroying the city of Rungholt in Nordfriesland, Germany.
- Under Edward III, English replaces French as England's national language, for the first time following the Norman Conquest of 1066.
- September 28 – Pope Urban V succeeds Pope Innocent VI as the 200th pope.
- Louis I of Hungary defeats and captures Ivan Sratsimir of Bulgaria; he conquers northern Bulgaria, extending his control over the Balkans.
- The Ottomans capture Philippopolis and Adrianopole (now the city of Edirne) from the Byzantine Empire. Byzantine Empire is reduced to the city of Constantinople.
- Waldemar Atterdag of Denmark defeats the Hanseatic League in a naval battle off Helsingborg.
- Shahabuddin succeeds his brother, Alauddin Ali Sher, as Sultan of Kashmir.
- Constantine VI succeeds his cousin, Constantine V, as King of Armenia.
- Grand Duke of Lithuania Algirdas crushed the Tatars at the Blue Waters of the Southern Bug in 1362.