(Redirected from AD 1536)
|Centuries:||15th century – 16th century – 17th century|
|Decades:||1500s 1510s 1520s – 1530s – 1540s 1550s 1560s|
|Years:||1533 1534 1535 – 1536 – 1537 1538 1539|
- February 2 – Spaniard Pedro de Mendoza founds Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- February 25 – Jacob Hutter burned in a stake for heresy
- May 19 – Execution of Anne Boleyn
- May 30 – Henry VIII of England marries Jane Seymour
- October 13 – The Pilgrimage of Grace, a rebellion in York, is "resolved" by Robert Aske
- October 29 – Coronation of Jane Seymour as the Queen of England
- Various religious buildings are closed as part of Henry VIII's dissolution of the monasteries, including
- Basingwerk Abbey
- Bourne Abbey
- Brinkburn Priory
- Cartmel Priory
- Dore Abbey and
- The Cistercian Abbey of St Mary and St Chad
- Wales is united with England by an Act of Union
- Manco Capac II revolts from Spanish rule in Peru
- Resumption of war between Francis I of France and Emperor Charles V. Francis ceases control of Savoy and captures Turin.
- Protestantism introduced in Denmark
- Portuguese Crown divides Brazil into fifteen donatory captaincies.