(Redirected from AD 600)
600 was a common year of the Gregorian calendar.
|Centuries:||5th century – 6th century – 7th century|
|Decades:||570s 580s 590s – 600s – 610s 620s 630s|
|Years:||597 598 599 – 600 – 601 602 603|
|Ab urbe condita||1353|
|Balinese saka calendar||521–522|
|Chinese calendar||己未年 (Earth Goat)|
3296 or 3236
— to —
庚申年 (Metal Monkey)
3297 or 3237
|- Vikram Samvat||656–657|
|- Shaka Samvat||521–522|
|- Kali Yuga||3700–3701|
|Iranian calendar||22 BP – 21 BP|
|Islamic calendar||23 BH – 22 BH|
|Minguo calendar||1312 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||911/912 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1142–1143|
726 or 345 or −427
— to —
727 or 346 or −426
- The population of the Earth rises to about 208 million people.
- Smallpox arrives in Europe for the first time.
- King Ingvar of Sweden invades Estonia but is killed by the locals.
- Juchau Anglo-Saxon tribesmen arrive in England.
- The Persians begin to use windmills for irrigation.
- Chaturanga is played in India.
- Loma Caldera in El Salvador erupts.
- The Hopewell culture of North America becomes less popular.
- The Aztec city of Teotihuacán begins to get unstable.
- The moldboard plow is invented in eastern Europe.
- Pope Gregory I writes what comes to be known as Gregorian chant.
- The building on the monastery of St. Catherine is begun on Mount Sinai.
- Irish missionaries pray in Scotland and Germany.
- Chinese-influenced sculptures of Buddha begin to be created in Japan.
- Sumatra, Java, and the surrounding islands are changed to believe inBuddhism.
- Augustine of Canterbury changes Ethelbert of Kent's religion to Christianity (approximate date).
- Nubian rulers become Christian (approximate date).
- Ali Ben Abu Talib, the fourth caliph of Islam
- Candrakirti, Indian Madhyamaka philosopher
- Venance Fortunat, bishop of Poitiers, one of the last representatives of Classical Latin poetry
- King Beop of Baekje, king of the Baekje Kingdom of Korea
- Yang Jun