ethnic group native to South and Central Asia
The Baloch (بلوچ) are an Iranian ethnic group who live in the region of Balochistan which includes the regions of southeastern Iran, southern Afghanistan, and southwestern Pakistan.
|30 - 20 million|
|Regions with significant populations|
|Pakistan||20,000,000[not in the source given]|
|Saudi Arabia||16,000 |
Urdu, Saraiki, Brahui in (Pakistan), Arabic, Persian (in Iran)
The Baloch speak the Balochi language, an Iranian language. They mainly live in mountainous places of the Iranian plateau in Iran, Pakistan and parts of Afghanistan. Balochistan is an arid semi-desert mountainous region inhabited by the Baloch people.
- ↑ "CIA World Factbook". cia.gov. Archived from the original on 6 January 2019. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- ↑ "Iran Minorities 2: Ethnic Diversity". iranprimer.usip.org. Retrieved 1 March 2017.
- ↑ "United Arab Emirates: Languages". Ethnologue.com. Retrieved 24 October 2016.
- ↑ "Oman: Languages". Ethnologue.com. Retrieved 24 October 2016.
- ↑ KOKAISLOVÁ, Pavla, KOKAISL Petr. Ethnic Identity of The Baloch People. Central Asia and The Caucasus. Journal of Social and Political Studies. Volume 13, Issue 3, 2012, p. 45-55., ISSN 1404-6091
- ↑ Baloch, Southern in Saudi Arabia, Joshua Project.
- ↑ "Demography of Religion in the Gulf". Mehrdad Izady. 2013.