Crash Bandicoot (series)
Crash Bandicoot is a series of platform video games developed by Radical Entertainment and published by Sierra Entertainment. The Crash Bandicoot games were first made by the video game company Naughty Dog. Since then, the series has been given to many different companies before it was kept at Radical Entertainment. The games happen in the fictional Wumpa Islands in the south of Australia. There were 15 Crash Bandicoot games in 2007, which have sold 40 million copies.
The main character in the Crash Bandicoot games, is also called Crash Bandicoot.
Naughty Dog gamesEdit
Crash Bandicoot was created by Naughty Dog in 1996. It out in a platform game called Crash Bandicoot, where Crash has to save his girlfriend Tawna from the evil doctor Neo Cortex.
After Crash Bandicoot, Naughty Dog made a sequel (another video game), Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back, where Crash saves the world from Cortex for a second time.
In the third game of the series, Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, Crash again defeats Cortex and his friend Uka Uka, who tries to conquer the world with the help of Nefarious Tropy and his time machine. Released on playstation.
The fourth and last game made by Naughty Dog with Crash and company was Crash Team Racing, a racing game where Nitrous Oxide, an alien, challenged the Earth inhabitants to a cart race.
Games after Naughty DogEdit
After Naughty Dog, other companies made many more games in the Crash Bandicoot series, and not only for PlayStation.
List of Crash Bandicoot games from other companies:
- Crash Bash (US - NTSC & EU - PAL) / Crash Bandicoot Carnival (Giappone) (PlayStation - 2000)
- Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex (PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox - 2001)
- Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure (US - NTSC) / Crash Bandicoot XS (EU - PAL) (Game Boy Advance - 2002)
- Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced (US - NTSC & EU - PAL) (Game Boy Advance - 2003)
- Crash Nitro Kart (PlayStation 2, GameCube, Xbox, Game Boy Advance, N-Gage - 2003)
- Crash Bandicoot Purple: Ripto's Rampage (US - NTSC) / Crash Bandicoot Fusion (EU - PAL) (Game Boy Advance, 2004)
- Crash Twinsanity (PlayStation 2, Xbox - 2004)
- Crash Tag Team Racing (PlayStation 2, Xbox, GameCube, PlayStation Portable - 2005)
- Crash Boom Bang! (Nintendo DS - 2006)
- Crash of the Titans (PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation Portable, Nintendo DS, Game Boy Advance - 2007)
- Crash Bandicoot: Mind Over Mutant (PlayStation 2, Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation Portable, Nintendo DS - 2008)
- Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch)
- Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled
- Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch)
- Crash Bandicoot: Invasion of Bandicoots Snatchers
- ↑ "Sierra Ships Crash of the Titans". Vivendi. 2007-10-23. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-03-04. Retrieved 2006-11-15.
No longer available:
- Naughty Dog's Official Crash Bandicoot Site
- Playstation One's Official Crash Bandicoot Site
- Playstation One's Official Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back Site
- Playstation One's Official Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped Site
- Playstation One's Official Crash Team Racing Site
- Playstation One's Official Crash Bash Site
- Sierra's Official Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex Site Archived 2007-09-29 at the Wayback Machine*
- Vivendi Universal's Official Crash Twinsanity Site Archived 2006-06-13 at the Wayback Machine
- Sierra's Official Crash Tag Team Racing Site Archived 2007-10-25 at the Wayback Machine
- Sierra's Official Crash of the Titans Site Archived 2013-05-31 at the Wayback Machine
*No longer under official ownership. Beware of possible malicious intentions.