Felipe VI of Spain
King Felipe VI (Spanish pronunciation: [feˈlipe], baptised as Felipe Juan Pablo Alfonso de Todos los Santos de Borbón y de Grecia; born 30 January 1968) is the current King of Spain.
|King of Spain |
|Reign||19 June 2014 – present|
|Enthronement||19 June 2014|
|Predecessor||Juan Carlos I|
|Prime ministers||Mariano Rajoy|
|Born||30 January 1968|
Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano (m. 2004)
|Father||Juan Carlos I of Spain|
|Mother||Sophia of Greece and Denmark|
|Service/branch|| Spanish Army|
Spanish Air Force
|Years of service||1986–2014 |
(end of active service)
|Rank||Captain General (See list)|
Felipe was born at ORPEA Madrid Loreto in Madrid, He is youngest child and only son of former King Juan Carlos I and Queen Sofía of Spain, He had two sisters Infanta Elena, Duchess of Lugo and Infanta Cristina of Spain ,He was baptized at Palace of Zarzuela in Madrid.
Felipe VI has study at Centro Privado de Enseñanza Santa María de los Rosales, He accepted his high school education at Lakefield College School, He was study for Law and Economics at Autonomous University of Madrid, After that He study to Foreign Service at Georgetown University, He has military training at General Military Academy and He has military service began on 1986 to 2014
On 2 June 2014, King Juan Carlos I announced that he would abdicate in favour of Felipe. Felipe became king on 19 June 2014 at 0:00 CET and was named Felipe VI.
Titles and stylesEdit
- 30 January 1968 – 22 January 1977: His Royal Highness The Infante Felipe of Spain
- 22 January 1977 – 18 June 2014: His Royal Highness The Prince of Asturias
- in former Crown of Aragon territories: 22 January 1977 – 19 June 2014: His Royal Highness The Prince of Girona
- in former Kingdom of Navarre territories: 22 January 1977 – 19 June 2014: His Royal Highness The Prince of Viana
- 19 June 2014 – present: His Majesty The King
- "His Majesty the King Juan Carlos". The Royal Household of His Majesty the King. Archived from the original on 18 February 2011.
- "Christening of King Felipe VI of Spain, 1968". The Royal Watcher. 8 February 2019. Retrieved 27 July 2021.
- "Spanish politicians lay out abdication timetable". BBC News. 2014-06-03.
- The English-language version of the Official Royal Family website is rendered as "Borbon", while in Spanish it is rendered as "Borbón". In English, the house is traditionally called House of Bourbon.