county seat in Galați County, Romania
Galaţi (pronounced [gaˈlaʦʲ] in Romanian, Turkish: Kalas; German: Galatz; Polish: Gałacz English: simply Galati) is a city in the eastern part of Romania, in the historical region of Moldavia. It is the capital city of Galaţi County.
|Coordinates: Coordinates: 45°25′24″N 28°2′33″E / 45.42333°N 28.04250°E|
|• Mayor||Dumitru Nicolae (Social Democratic Party)|
|• City||246.3 km2 (95.1 sq mi)|
|• Density||1,213/km2 (3,140/sq mi)|
|• Metro||roughly 600,000|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
It lies on the west bank of the Danube River, near Moldova and Ukraine.
As of 2011, about 196,003 people lived in Galaţi. But in 2016, 304,000 people were living in Galaţi.
- Coventry, England; since 1963.
- Piraeus, Greece; since 1985.
- Wuhan, China; since 1987.
- Pessac, France; since 1991.
- Limón, Costa Rica; since 1992.
- Hammond, United States; since 1997.
- Mykolaiv, Ukraine; since 2002.
- Odessa, Ukraine; since 2002.
- Sevastopol, Ukraine; since 2002.
- Yalta, Ukraine; since 2002.
- Ancona, Italy.
- Jesi, Italy; since 2003.
- Scottsbluff, United States; since 2007
- Bombay, India; since 2007.
- Brindisi, Italy; since 2007.
- ↑ "Galați · Population". Population.city. Retrieved 2023-03-10.
- (in Romanian) Official site Archived 2009-01-30 at the Wayback Machine
- (in Romanian) Pictures of old Galaţi