Grand Theft Auto
Grand Theft Auto is a series of video games published by Rockstar Games. The first was released in the late 90s. This game was played from a bird's-eye view, meaning that it was like seeing the main character from a helicopter. The second was called GTA 2 and also an add-on pack was added for the first game called GTA: London which was set in the 60s.
Then came the next games which were made in 3D which changed the way Grand Theft Auto was played. The first in the 3D series was called Grand Theft Auto III which was set in Liberty City which is like New York. Then there was Grand Theft Auto: Vice City which was set in the middle 80s. It was very much like Miami in Florida. The next game in the 3D series is called Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas which is based on Los Angeles, San Francisco and Las Vegas. This game was a very big improvement from the older game because the map was so much bigger.
Grand Theft Auto IV (GTA IV) was officially announced at the Microsoft 2006 E3 Press Conference on May 10, 2006. Grand Theft Auto IV is now being sold inside stores. Grand Theft Auto IV now has 2 episodes, and a complete collection.
The latest game released in the Grand Theft Auto is Grand Theft Auto V. It was released for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 on September 17, 2013.
Grand Theft Auto V broke the industry sales records by earning US $800 million in the first 24 hours of its release. The game became extremely popular in the gamers community attracting programmers to create many mods to it. With New Additional Features and Quality Graphics it became popular multiplayer game. It also earned $1 billion within its first three days which made it the fastest selling entertainment product in history and broke 7 records by Guinness World Records.
There has been a lot of arguing, or "controversy," about these games. Many people do not like how the player can murder random people, and sleep with prostitutes. Because of this, all 3-D GTA games have been rated Mature so far.
- "GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day". IGN. Retrieved 2013-10-10. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Grand Theft Auto News, Guides & Cheat Codes - GTA BOOM". www.gtaboom.com.
- "Gta 5 Game Features". Retrieved 2015-09-20. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "GTA 5 Sales Hit $1 Billion in Three Days". IGN. Retrieved 2013-10-10. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "'Grand Theft Auto V' Has Broken 7 Guinness World Records". Business Insider. Retrieved 2013-10-10. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)