Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (IATA: ATL, ICAO: KATL, FAA LID: ATL), also known as Atlanta Airport, Hartsfield Airport, and Hartsfield–Jackson, is a public airport in Atlanta, Georgia. It is the world's busiest airport by number of passengers and number of landings and take-offs since 2005. It serves 89 million passengers per year. The airport is the main hub of AirTran Airways, Delta Air Lines, and ExpressJet. The Delta hub is the world's largest airline hub. Delta Air Lines flew most (59%) of passengers from the airport in February 2011. The airport has 199 gates. It has both domestic and international gates.
|Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport|
|Owner||City of Atlanta|
|Operator||Department of Aviation|
|Location||unincorporated areas, Atlanta, College Park, and Hapeville|
Fulton & Clayton Counties
|Elevation AMSL||1,026 ft / 313 m|
FAA airport diagram
Hartsfield–Jackson was still the world's busiest airport in 2010. It had an average of 243,000 passengers each day. It also had a total of 950,119 flights. Many of the flights are flights inside the United States. Atlanta is a major hub for travel throughout the Southeastern United States.
Hartsfield–Jackson International Airport has international service to North America, South America, Central America, Europe, Asia, and Africa. The airport is located mostly in unincorporated areas in Fulton and Clayton counties. The city limits of Atlanta, College Park, and Hapeville end at the airport grounds.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport hosts the following airlines:
- Air Canada
- Air France
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Boutique Air
- British Airways
- Continental Airlines
- Delta Airlines main Hub
- Frontier Airlines
- Korean Air
- Qatar Airways (starts June 1)
- Southwest Airlines
- Spirit Airlines
- Turkish Airlines (starts May 16)
- United Airlines
- Virgin Atlantic
A Southwest Airlines Boeing 737-700 taking off from Atlanta.
- "Operating Statistics". Department of Aviation, Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Retrieved March 23, 2011.
- "Atlanta airport still the "busiest"". Hartsfield-Jackson. January 4, 2010. Archived from the original (PDF) on January 6, 2007.
- "Atlanta, GA: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International (ATL)". Bureau of Transportation Statistics. February 2011.
- "Fact Sheet". City of Atlanta. February 2007. Retrieved June 12, 2008.
- Zoning Ordinance, City of Atlanta, Georgia
- "City Maps." City of College Park. Retrieved on May 25, 2009. Archived 23 October 2011 at WebCite
- "Official Zoning Map." City of Hapeville. Retrieved on May 19, 2009.