List of Formula One Grand Prix winners (constructors)
Formula One, abbreviated to F1, is a form of open-wheeled auto racing. It is the highest class defined by the Fédération Internationale de l'Automobile (FIA), motorsport's world governing body. The "formula" in the name refers to a set of rules. These rules tell the builders and drivers of the cars what they may and may not do. The F1 world championship season is a series of races. These races are known as Grands Prix. They are usually held on purpose-built circuits. In a few places, they are held on closed city streets. The most famous Grand Prix is the Monaco Grand Prix in Monte Carlo. The top finisher of each race are awarded championship points. The points are added up at the end of they year. There are two yearly Championships. The one for drivers and one for constructors.
Ferrari hold the record for the most Grands Prix victories. They have won 216 times. McLaren are second with 173 wins, and Williams are third with 113 wins. British teams have won the most Grands Prix. Twelve British teams have won a total of 499 races between them. Italian teams are second with 237 wins between five teams. French teams are third with 53 Grands Prix wins between three teams.
All figures correct as of 26 June 2011
|Bold||Constructor competing in the current season of Formula One|
|Italics||Formula One World Champion|
List of races won by nationality of constructor.
- A. ^ Renault held a French licence from 1977 to 2010 and a British licence from 2011 to present.
- B. ^ Benetton held a British licence from 1986 to 1995 and an Italian licence from 1996 to 2001.
- C. ^ Only one of Benetton's 27 wins were scored with their Italian licence. All the others count towards the British totals.
- D. ^ Renault's first 35 wins were with their French licence.
- "About FIA". FIA. Archived from the original on 2012-11-15. Retrieved 2008-10-31.
- "His Serene Highness Prince Rainier of Monte Carlo awarded the first FIA Gold Medal for Motor Sport". FIA. 2004-10-14. Archived from the original on 2007-11-15. Retrieved 2008-10-30.
- Jones, Bruce (1999). The Official ITV F1 Grand Prix Guide 1999. Carlton Books. p. 122. ISBN 1-85868-626-1.
- "Ferrari". Formula One. Retrieved 2008-11-19.
- "McLaren". Formula One. Retrieved 2008-11-19.
- "Williams". Formula One. Retrieved 2008-11-19.
- "Renault". Formula One. Retrieved 2008-11-19.
- "Red Bull". Formula One. Retrieved 2009-05-10.
- "Brawn GP". Formula One. Retrieved 2009-03-29.
- "Formula One racing in the 1950s". BBC. 7 March 2003. Retrieved 15 December 2008.
- "Fisichella awarded Brazil win". 11 April 2003. Retrieved 15 December 2008.
- "Formula One racing in the 1960s". BBC. 7 March 2003. Retrieved 15 December 2008.
- "Wolf - Canada's own Formula One team". Formula One. 22 June 2006. Retrieved 15 December 2008.
- "Honda". Formula One. Retrieved 2008-11-19.
- "1967 Belgian Grand Prix". Formula One. 18 June 1967. Retrieved 17 December 2008.
- "Formula One racing in the 1970s". BBC. 18 March 2003. Retrieved 15 December 2008.
- "The five faces of the European Grand Prix". Formula One. 22 August 2008. Retrieved 15 December 2008.
- "BMW Sauber". Formula One. Retrieved 2008-11-19.
- "Toro Rosso". Formula One. Retrieved 2008-11-19.