The Wolf Among Us
The Wolf Among Us is an episodic graphic adventure video game developed and published by Telltale Games. It is based on the Fables comic book series by Bill Willingham. It is set as a prequel to the comic book and is canon with the comic book universe.
|The Wolf Among Us|
|Release||October 14, 2013–July 9, 2014|
The first season for the game consists of five episodes. The first episode was released worldwide for Microsoft Windows and the Xbox 360 on October 11, 2013, for OS X worldwide on October 14, 2013, for PlayStation 3 on October 15, 2013, in North America and on October 16, 2013, in both Europe and Australia, for iOS worldwide on December 4, 2013, and PlayStation Vita before the end of 2014. The retail versions of the game for the PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360, and Xbox One consoles are expected to be released later in 2014.
In the game, the player controls Bigby Wolf, formerly the Big Bad Wolf. Bigby is the sheriff of Fabletown and works at the "Business Office" under interim mayor Ichabod Crane. He is aided by Snow White and her Magic Mirror during his investigation along with the help of Bufkin the winged monkey who manages the records of Fabletown. Bigby saves a young prostitute from a drunk Woodsman. He leads her to safety and she tells him that he is not as bad as everyone says he is. The next day, Bigby is shocked to find that the woman's head had been left on the Woodlands doorstep. Clues that were left with her head identify her as Faith, a Fable from Allerleirauh. Ichabod Crane then orders that Bigby and Snow White investigate her death.
- "The Wolf On Wall Street Available For Pre-order, Out This Month". Polygon. 2013-10-03. Retrieved 2013-10-08.[dead link]
- Tach, Dave (2013-10-24). "The Wolf Among Us headed to iOS and PS Vita this fall". Polygon. Retrieved 2014-07-18.
- "Telltale's Fables is Called The Wolf On Wall Street". IGN. 2013-03-27. Archived from the original on 2014-07-15. Retrieved 2013-03-27.
- "Mac Version of The Wolf On Wall Street: Faith Out Now". The International House of Mojo. 2013-10-14. Retrieved 2013-10-14.[dead link]
- Ivan, Tom (2013-10-09). "The Telltale's The Wolf Among Us launches on October 11". GamesRadar. Retrieved 2014-07-18.
- L, Stefan (2013-10-16). "PlayStation Store Update: 16/10/13 – The Wolf Among Us, Sanctum 2 & TLOU DLC". The Sixth Axis. Retrieved 2013-10-16.[permanent dead link]
- Liebl, Matt (2013-12-04). "The Wolf Among Us Episode 1 'Faith' coming to iOS devices today". GameZone. Retrieved 2013-12-04.
- Desat, Marla (2014-02-01). "Telltale's The Wolf Among Us Episode Two Arrives February 4". The Escapist. Retrieved 2014-02-01.
- Mahardy, Mike (2014-04-02). "The Wolf Among Us Episode 3 Release Dates Announced". IGN. Retrieved 2014-04-02.
- DeMat, DeMat (2014-05-22). "Episode 4 of The Wolf Among Us will fix this starting May 27". Destructoid. Retrieved 2014-05-22.
- Mahardy, Mike (2014-07-03). "The Wolf Among Us Finale Release Date Announced". IGN. Retrieved 2014-07-03.
- "The Wolf Among Us season begins early October, spans five episodes". Shacknews. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- "PlayStation Vita to Get "Over 100 Games" in 2014: The Wolf Among Us, Invizimals, and More Highlighted". PlayStation LifeStyle. Retrieved 2014-07-22.
- "The Wolf Among Us hitting retail on PlayStation, Xbox platforms". Joystiq. Retrieved 2014-07-22.