Universal Parks & Resorts
Universal Parks & Resorts is the theme park division of NBCUniversal (a subsidiary of Comcast). The division is responsible for the operation and maintenance of Universal theme parks and resort properties around the world. It is best known for attractions that are based on famous pop culture properties (movies, television, literature, cartoons, comics, video games, music, etc.) from Universal Studios and NBC, as well as from other companies.
Theme parks and resortsEdit
- Universal Studios Hollywood (Los Angeles, United States; wholly owned)
- Universal Orlando Resort (Orlando, Florida, United States; wholly owned)
- Universal PortAventura, Salou, Spain (1997–2004)
- Costa Caribe Aquatic Park, Salou, Spain (2002–2004)
These projects have been announced or are currently under construction. This information may change as the projects move forward.
- Universal Studios America, Darien, New York (Opens 2024)
- Universal Studios Idaho, Boise, Idaho, United States (Opens 2023)
- Universal Studios South Korea, Hwaseong, Gyeonggi-do, South Korea (Put on-hold)
- Universal Studios Dubailand, Dubai, United Arab Emirates (Put on-hold) (Broke ground on 2008/No construction since 2009)
- Universal Studios Moscow, Moscow, Russia (Put-on-hold, due to economic sanctions against Russia by the U.S.)
- Universal Studios Beijing, Beijing, People's Republic of China (Opens 2019) 
- Universal Studios Michigan, Traverse City, Michigan, United States (Opens 2016)
- Universal Studios St. Louis, St. Louis, Missouri, United States (Opens 2020)
- Universal Studios Texas, Dallas Texas, United States (Opens 2021)
- Universal Studios Canada, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada (Opens 2019)
- Universal Studios New England, Boston, Massachusetts, United States (Opens 2018)
- Universal Studios New Jersey, Marlboro Township, New Jersey, United States (Opens 2019)
- Universal Studios Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Nevada, United States (Opens 2019)
- Volcano Bay, Orlando, Florida, United States (Opens 2017)
- Lieberman, David. "Comcast Completes Acquisition Of GE’s 49% Stake In NBCUniversal." Deadline.com (March 19, 2013)
- "Universal Studios Hollywood, Los Angeles, Hollywood". Universal Studios Hollywood. Retrieved August 21, 2010.
- "Theme Parks at Universal Orlando Resort". Universal Orlando. Retrieved August 21, 2010.
- "Universal Studios Japan Corporate Information". Universal Studios Japan. Retrieved November 7, 2012.
- "Resorts World Sentosa – Universal Studios Singapore". Resorts World Sentosa. Retrieved August 21, 2010.
- ""美 UPR측 화성USKR 포기 안했다...여건 조성땐 진출"". 중부일보. 14 August 2014.
- Kleiman, Joe. "Moscow City Government Approves Construction of Universal Studios Moscow".
- Makinen, Julie. "Universal Studios to open Beijing theme park in 2019". latimes.com.