This project has been set up to help manage the categories of Wikipedia and improve them. I envision this page being useful to those who regularly work on categories as a way to coordinate efforts and to decide what we can work on next.
If you want to talk about categorization policy, please go to Wikipedia talk:Categorization.
If you would like to comment on this project, you may do so at User talk:Tygrrr/Categories.
- Categorize all articles according to the guidelines at Wikipedia:Categorization.
- Organize the categories logically and completely.
Please list any ideas for categorization projects. Include your name and date so we can know whose idea it was. Anyone can work on the ideas listed here. Listing the idea does not commit you to completing it. If you're already working on a project, list it here and you may get some help.
- Expand and improve Wikipedia:Categorization. Since we're supposedly using it as a guideline, it should probably say a little more than what it does right now. It's pretty bare-bones. · Tygrrr... 17:57, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
- Organize Category:Wikipedia templates, including finding a home for all those template categories in the Wanted categories list and the Uncategorized templates. · Tygrrr... 17:57, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
- Organize Category:Islands (orginally Creol's idea). · Tygrrr... 17:57, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
- Changing city categories from just the city to City, State (or Province or whatever). For example, Category:Chicago --> Category:Chicago, Illinois. · Tygrrr... 20:17, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
- All urban and rural districts in Saxony created, with recategorisation of towns and cities as appropriate. Not all "towns" are their own urban district--Bärliner 23:03, 5 February 2008 (UTC)
CatTree: African-American people
- With the recent creation of Category:African-American people, we need to comb the US people categories and tag as needed. -- Creol(talk) 20:37, 16 February 2008 (UTC)
- Done New subcategories based on general people categories are shown at right (A-A = African-American) -- Creol(talk) 18:18, 23 February 2008 (UTC)
- Category:Languages of Europe by their family--Auslli (talk) 12:56, 21 March 2009 (UTC) --Auslli (talk) 19:39, 23 March 2009 (UTC) Done
- Category:Requested Top Level Domains--Auslli (talk) 16:12, 26 March 2009 (UTC)
- Category:Salzburgerland--Auslli (talk) 12:41, 3 April 2009 (UTC)
Please list any pages where discussions about categorization are happening. Please date the entry and add your name.
- Wikipedia:Simple talk#Category:Writers from the United States
- User talk:Barliner/Categories#English names Changing cats/pages for England into line with the USA--Bärliner 18:01, 22 January 2008 (UTC)
If you would like to take part in this project, add your signature here using ~~~~ and a description of any areas you may be interested in.
- Bärliner 18:10, 16 January 2008 (UTC)
- - Huji reply
- Lights (talk) §
- BirdsArmy Talk 21:28, 14 February 2008 (UTC)
- The Rambling Man (talk) 14:14, 10 April 2008 (UTC)
- User:Jack Merridew a.k.a. David 13:49, 29 April 2008 (UTC)
- Chenzw Talk 09:26, 3 May 2008 (UTC)
- ChenzwBot (talk ▪ changes) - My bot too, to prevent flooding recent changes during mass replaces. Look out for malfunctions (though I supervise it while it is running AWB) Chenzw Talk 23:56, 3 May 2008 (UTC)
- SwirlBoy39 14:02, 20 August 2008 (UTC) - Cleaning cats on articles.
- Kennedy (talk)
- Auslli (talk) 12:53, 21 March 2009 (UTC). European Geography and Linguistics
- Miss Tilney (talk) 08:31, 3 February 2010 (UTC)
- Is this Wikiproject awake? --Chemicalinterest (talk) 20:54, 12 November 2010 (UTC)
Feel free to add sub-categories and new links to pages that you think will help members of this project.