1193 (MCXCIII) was a common year starting on Friday of the Julian calendar, the 1193rd year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 193rd year of the 2nd millennium, the 93rd year of the 12th century, and the 4th year of the 1190s decade.
|Centuries:||11th century – 12th century – 13th century|
|Decades:||1160s 1170s 1180s – 1190s – 1200s 1210s 1220s|
|Years:||1190 1191 1192 – 1193 – 1194 1195 1196|
|Ab urbe condita||1946|
|Balinese saka calendar||1114–1115|
|English Regnal year||4 Ric. 1 – 5 Ric. 1|
|Chinese calendar||壬子年 (Water Rat)|
3889 or 3829
— to —
癸丑年 (Water Ox)
3890 or 3830
|- Vikram Samvat||1249–1250|
|- Shaka Samvat||1114–1115|
|- Kali Yuga||4293–4294|
|Japanese calendar||Kenkyū 4|
|Minguo calendar||719 before ROC|
|Seleucid era||1504/1505 AG|
|Thai solar calendar||1735–1736|
1319 or 938 or 166
— to —
1320 or 939 or 167
- Saladin dies, and the lands of the Kurdish Ayyubid dynasty of Egypt and Syria are split among his descendants.
- Qutb-ud-Din, a Ghurid slave commander, captures Delhi.
- Muhammad Khilji, a general under the command of Qutb-ud-Din sacks and burns Nalanda, India's greatest Buddhist university.
- Philip II of France marries Ingeborg, daughter of Valdemar I of Denmark.
- March 4 — Saladin, Sultan of the Kurdish Ayyubid dynasty of Egypt and Syria (b. c. 1138)
- Balian of Ibelin, noble of the Crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem (b. early 1140s)
- Düsum Khyenpa, 1st Gyalwa Karmapa (b. 1110)
- Minamoto no Noriyori, Japanese general (b. 1156)
- Emperor Renzong of Western Xia, 5th emperor of the Western Xia dynasty (b. 1124)
- Fan Chengda, Chinese poet