|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1340s 1350s 1360s – 1370s – 1380s 1390s 1400s|
|Years:||1372 1373 1374 – 1375 – 1376 1377 1378|
- The English, weakened by the plague, lose so much ground to the French that they agree to sign the Treaty of Bruges, leaving them with only the coastal towns of Calais, Bordeaux and Bayonne.
- The Russian town of Kostroma is destroyed by the ushkuinik pirates from Novgorod.
- October 24 – Death of Valdemar IV of Denmark.
- Petru I succeeds his father, Costea, as ruler of Moldavia (now Moldova & eastern Romania).
- The Mamluks from Egypt conquer the Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia. Leo VI of Armenia is imprisoned for several years in Cairo until a ransom is paid by King John I of Castile.
- Mujahid Shah succeeds his father, Mohammad Shah I, as Sultan of the Bahmanid Empire in Deccan, southern India.
- Moscow & Tver sign a truce. Tver agrees to help Moscow fight the Blue Horde.