(Redirected from AD 1004)
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||970s 980s 990s – 1000s – 1010s 1020s 1030s|
|Years:||1001 1002 1003 – 1004 – 1005 1006 1007|
By place Edit
- December – The Samanid dynasty ends in Bokhara.
- The Liao Dynasty starts a battle against the Song Dynasty. They meet near Shanyang, north of the Song capital of Kaifeng.
- Battle of Shanzhou: The Liao Dynasty general Xiao Talin is killed by a Song Chinese crossbow sniper.
- May 14 – Henry II is crowned Holy Roman Emperor at Pavia. A fight between his German companions and the Pavese becomes a full-scale battle.
- Henry II starts war against Boleslav of Poland. It lasts until 1018.
- Boleslaus I of Poland loses Bohemia. He had become duke the previous year. He is succeeded as duke of Bohemia by Jaromir.
- Sancho III becomes king of Navarre, Aragon and Castille.
- Sweyn I of Denmark destroys Norwich.
- Aberdeen becomes a bishopric.
- Arabs sack Pisa.
- The troops of the vizir Al-Mansur sack the Catalan city of Manresa.
- Pope John XVIII (1004–1009).
- Gilbert Meynier (2010) L'Algérie cœur du Maghreb classique. De l'ouverture islamo-arabe au repli (658-1518). Paris: La Découverte; pp.47.
- Boissonade, B. (1934). "Les premières croisades françaises en Espagne. Normands, Gascons, Aquitains et Bourguignons (1018-1032)". Bulletin Hispanique. 36 (1): 5–28. doi:10.3406/hispa.1934.2607.