(Redirected from AD 1005)
1005 (MV) was a common year when the Julian calendar was used. It was the fifth year of the 2nd millennium and the 11th century.
|Centuries:||10th century – 11th century – 12th century|
|Decades:||970s 980s 990s – 1000s – 1010s 1020s 1030s|
|Years:||1002 1003 1004 – 1005 – 1006 1007 1008|
- Malcolm II succeeds Kenneth III as king of Scotland.
- Pomerania revolts against the church.
- Schaffhausen starts minting its own coins.
- Spring – The Republic of Pisa conducts a military offensive against the Saracen strongholds in Southern Italy. The Pisan fleet sacks the city of Reggio Calabria. Pisa becomes one of the four commercial Maritime Republics (the other three are Genoa, Venice and Amalfi), which fight each other for control of the Mediterranean Sea.
- King Macbeth of Scotland, Scottish royal (died 1057)
- ↑ Benvenuti, Gino (1985). Le Repubbliche Marinare. Amalfi, Pisa, Genova e Venezia. Rome: Newton & Compton Editori. p. 41. ISBN 88-8289-529-7.