(Redirected from AD 1451)
|Centuries:||14th century – 15th century – 16th century|
|Decades:||1420s 1430s 1440s – 1450s – 1460s 1470s 1480s|
|Years:||1448 1449 1450 – 1451 – 1452 1453 1454|
- February 3 – Murad II, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire dies and is succeeded by his son Mehmed II.
- April 11 – Celje acquires market-town status and town rights by orders from the Celje count Frederic II.
- June 30 – French troops under the Comte de Dunois invade Guyenne and capture Bordeaux
- August 20 – The French capture Bayonne, the last English stronghold in Guyenne
- Foundation of the University of Glasgow
- Nicholas of Cusa invents concave lens spectacles to treat myopia
- Roger van der Weyden paints his Last Judgement
- Lodi dynasty succeeded the Sayyid dynasty in India